A record breaking crowd of 130 people gathered in Ballsbridge’s Thomas Prior Hall for the DDBN’s Third Annual Christmas Dinner and Charity Raffle & Auction. A festive evening ended with a charity raffle and auction which raised €13,580 for Donegal Down Syndrome. The money raised will go to much needed services provided by DDS such as music, cooking, drama, toddler play sessions, cycling, yoga, dance/hip-hop, swimming lessons, new parent support and Speech and Language Therapy. You can learn more about Donegal Down Syndrome, and how you can support them here. Donegal Down Syndrome is a charity which was very close to a great friend of the network, Manus Kelly RIP.
The highlight of the evening was An Audience with Paul McGinley who spoke about his career to date of which his captaincy of the 2014 European Ryder Cup Team was his personal highlight. Afterwards he was given a friendly grilling by Sean Perry, who was MC for the evening – the conversation covered all aspects of his career to date, including his relationship with Alex Ferguson, lessons in business, integrity and even Brexit.
The DDBN are grateful to M&N Groundworks for sponsoring the event, to Paul McGinley, to everyone who contributed to the raffle and auction and to Sean Perry for masterfully moderating the evening.
Míle Buíochas to all everyone who sponsored raffle and auction items.
Auction Items and Sponsors
1. Moto GP Deluxe Package for Gran Premi de Catalunya 2020 on 5, 6 and 7 June 2020 for 2 people
– 3 nights B&B (2 ppl sharing) in a 5 Star hotel in Barcelona
– Includes Catalunya Opening Dinner, VIP Shuttle to Race Track, VIP Village Passes, Private Tours and much more
Sponsored by PKF Corporate Finance
2. Donegal Golfing Package
– 4 Ball on either championship links at Rosapenna
– 7 night stay in a luxury holiday villa at the Donegal Boardwalk Resort
– Dinner for 4 in the Olde Glen Bar & Restaurant
Sponsored by the Rosapenna Hotel & Golf Resort, Bartra Capital Property and Cormac Walsh of the Olde Glen Bar & Restaurant
3. RTE’s Dancing with the Stars Deluxe Package
– 2 guest list passes for RTE’s Dancing With The Stars in Ardmore Studio (Bray) for Live Show on 12 January 2020
– 1 night B&B and Dinner for 2 in the Cliff Town House, St Stephen’s Green
– Return Chauffeur transfers
Sponsored by Sally Anne Sherry, Sean Smith of the Cliff Town House and Ciaran McBride of Irish Chauffeurs
4. 1 Hour Helicopter Ride for 4 people around North County Dublin sponsored by Paul Brogan’s Northstone Construction
5. 4 Ball on the O’Meara or Montgomerie Courses at Carton House Golf Club sponsored by Carton House Golf Resort
6. Rugby Ball signed by members of the Irish Rugby Team sponsored by Vodafone (Chris Byrne)
Raffle Items and Sponsors
1. 2 nights in a Glamping Villa in the Wild Atlantic Camp, Creeslough and voucher for Rose’s Bar sponsored by Lorcan Roarty of the Wild Atlantic Camp
2. €250 All-for-One Voucher sponsored by Ben McArdle Insurance Brokers, Blackrock, Co Dublin
3. Dinner for 2 in Leinster House sponsored by Minister Joe McHugh, TD
4. €150 voucher for Magee 1866 sponsored by Magee 1866, Donegal and Dublin
5. €100 voucher for Ollie’s Bar Grill, Sandyford sponsored by Clive Majella Ellis
6. €100 voucher for Evolve Clothing sponsored by Evolve Clothing
7. €100 voucher for The Chop House Gastro Pub, Shelbourne Road, Dublin 4 sponsored by Joe Doohan
8. 1 night B&B and Dinner for 2 in the Sand House Hotel, Rossnowlagh sponsored by Brian J McMullin Solicitors
9. 1 night B&B and Dinner for 2 in the Sand House Hotel, Rossnowlagh sponsored by the Sand House Hotel
10. 1 night B&B and Dinner for 2 in the Lough Eske Castle sponsored by Harcourt Developments.
11. ILOA Office Saddle Chair designed by Finnish designer Jonas Hakaniemi (RRP €530) sponsored by The Pinnacle Office Furniture
12. Bottle of Five Farms Irish Cream Liqueur sponsored by Johnny Harte, Co-Founder of Five Farms Irish Cream Liqueur
13. Fitbit Charge 3 (RRP €109) sponsored by Vodafone, Donegal Town
14. Google Pixel 3A Phone (RRP €399) sponsored by Vodafone, Donegal Town